As the transportation arrived at its specific destination overloaded with testosterone. The individuals from every walk of life quietly slumping lower and lower in there crammed seat. I sat quietly (as I had been doing the 3 hour journey) contemplating my unchanging actions, my thought pattern, and my preconceived notions. I began to question the very sound, strong reasoning for the departure on this journey.
It seemed as though we arrived in a black hole. Not being able to look out the foggy bus windows didn’t help much. As the driver placed the bus in park, that same testosterone that filled the bus quickly dissipated to quietness. The small skinny man stood up from the drivers seat turning around placing is hand on he rail looking at the “new’.
“What, ya all don’t have any more jokes? What about songs?”
Still smiling he swung back around to his seat. Being that I was placed so far back from the front of the bus I was no longer able to see this hard looking man. Quietness still was overflowing; the only sound to be heard was the rain drops pounding the top of vehicle.
Distantly I began to hear the driver humming the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC.
Not minutes later the bus door swung open. It seemed as though hours passed before the inevitable entered, yet knowing that it was a matter of seconds. I slowly felt my heart begin to pound as this Stocky, chisel faced, man walked back and forth through the bus aisle. The bus driver still humming away, yet it seemed louder now. The man pacing the aisle looked strong as an ox, yet, meaner then a hungry lion. He too began to hum with the bus driver.
Looking around for my quickest escape from this unimaginable situation seemed like a small chance that exiting would result in success.
“The new” the strong man yelled. “Half of you will NOT make it though the night, without crying for your ex-girlfriend or ex-wife. She may be your women now, but as the week’s progress she will forget about you! All’s you have now is me. I’m not your wife, girlfriend, Mom or Dad. I don’t baby-sit. If I could I would send you all home now! Look at this sorry group of the human race! If anyone cared about you, they wouldn’t have let you come. Your Women is out to dinner right now with her new man, the man who was smart enough to stay home, you piss-ants.”
Just then he slammed is fist on the seat in front of me addressing one of “the new” sitting in the same seat to my left. My heart pounding, my cheek twitching, and fear seeping out my pores.
“LOOK AT YOU FAT ASS, YOU UNEDUCATED IDIOT, YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE IN THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB! COME ON SING THE SONG FOR ME BOY, SING IT, SINGGG ITTT!”
I could feel the unmistakable shake of pure terror coming from this overweight, greasy haired, pimple faced kid. The boy starting to cry, tears running down his face.
“I TOLD YOU THIS REJECT COULDN’T MAKE IT FIVE MINUTES. GET OUT SIDE BOY. MOVE NOW, YOU FAT ASS”.
As he left my seat I now felt ever more vulnerable to this large man. Yet as quickly as he began yelling he stopped, Once again humming the battle hymn of the republic, pacing the aisle with a smile on his face. I have never in my life encountered a person of this nature. I have seen murders on television that looked liked angels compared to this Man.
6 comments:
WHEW! can't even imagine living through that or having someone talk to me like that either! How hard is it to not believe what he is telling you???
At First you are stripped down so low that you do believe. Its like jail. Then in nine weeks you realize the truth! Ha. More to come. Just life through my eyes!
ok, you might think this is funny, because I did...
at my bible study a lady asked that we pray for her husband because he was starting his first Drill Sgt. cycle and he was a naturally quiet guy.
My bible study leader (a chaplain's wife) asked "do they HAVE to be loud to be a drill sgt.?"
I wondered right then what kind of training chaplains had...
by the way...
your story was well-told
My dad was a drill sgt. when he was in the Army. He's had many people contact him years later to tell him how much of a positive influence he was on them.
I'm sure they didn't see that coming when their bus first pulled in, though!
Great story!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment