Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We made it! Dave and I began our vacation to North Carolina yesterday around 8:00 am. We finally arrived to my sister's house around 11:30. You might be wondering why it took so long. Well....I really don't want to admit this because i'm a tad embarrassed, but we got all the way past Detroit, and we're cruising along and I told Dave to get out the camera. He says, "where is it?" I say, "in my purse". He can't find it.......SHUTUP.......I left my purse at home. How stupid! All women know that that is the one constant, essential belonging that we never leave the house with. Oh well, i think i was carried away with packing the car and making sure i grabbed everything else, and just totally forgot it. Anyway, we went back to the house, got it, and lost two hours. We live and we learn!!
We no more than walked in the door, said hello, and then all hit the hay. I was able to get up this morning and talk with her and her fiance, Joe, as they were getting ready to leave for work. It sure is nice seeing family in the flesh and not just pictures. It gets old after a while. I know there are a few of you out there who know what I mean.
So, I'm drinking coffee now and waiting for my husband to awake from his slumber. I have a feeling that won't be for a while! lol....He needs his sleep!
By the way, our plan is to take a lot of pictures and maybe start to get good at remembering to do so. However, for the last few months i have wanted to post pictures, but I can't anymore. Our wonderful dog decided to chew up and destroy our camera dock, which allows you to upload pics, charge your camera, and all that fun stuff. If anyone knows where i can get a cheap Kodak charger, please let me know! But, fortunately we do have Dave's camera and charger now! Stay tuned for pics of our vacation.

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

sometimes those setbacks happen for a reason. We did that once going to South Carolina for Brads graduation and I forgot my cell phone at friends. I wasn't happy but we realized we had diverted a huge ice storm in the 1+ it took us to go back and get on the road. So. . . .you arrived safe and sound and thats the main thing!

Enjoy your time, relax and make some wonderful memories! We already miss ya!

amanda said...

girl, I have forgotten my purse so many times... we must be related! =)

glad you are sipping coffee - and updating your blog. I know exactly what you mean about seeing family in the flesh...

Enjoy your visit. hope you have some wonderful weather!

Destini said...

Have a great time! Make some awesome memories! I have to agree with Cindy and the set back comment. I have tried to push kids out the door frustrated for being late only to come upon an accident in the road that happened moments before. We may never know the reasons, but it has taught me to not sweat the small stuff!