
As i was looking through some pictures of fall landscapes on the web, i stumbled upon this one. At first i admired the trees and their changing colors, but then i noticed this road that leads to a curve in the background of the picture. After staring at this picture for a minute, i started thinking about my day on Monday.
Monday was the beginning of my Midtier experience (last requirement before student teaching) in the Midland School District. Yes, Midland, a nice 35 minute drive from Mt. Pleasant. So, i started my day by waking up at 5:15. With only time to shower and dress myself in a professional manner, i was out the door at 6:20. Still tired, i began driving to Midland. I arrived there shortly after 7:00. My host teacher greeted me at the office of Midland High School. With God answering my prayers, she was fabulous. My nerves immediately subsided. We started at Midland High School for the first hour and then traveled to a neighboring Middle school fro the remainder of the day. So, my day in Midland came to a close at a little after 3:00. Then, to my dismay, i got lost in downtown Midland. I know you're all thinking, how hard can it be?, but i managed to get lost for 25 minutes in Midland. The reason why this was such a big deal is because, i have to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to attend class from 5:00-8:00 pm. But before i can go to class i have to finish preparing my notes for a discussion i must lead at class tonight. So, needless to say, i managed to find my way to M-20 and am now driving faster than i really should be. I make it to Mt. Pleasant at 4:15, with just enough time to finish my discussion, change my clothes, and be out the door by 4:50. To make a long story short, i arrived back at home and did homework until midnight that night. So, now i've been up and running full speed for a very long time. Now, i have to be up early Tuesday morning for work. I became sick on Tuesday morning and confirmed that it was due to a lack of sleep. I had to leave work early and come home and crash. I woke up hours later feeling rejuvenated and ready for the day.
The point to that long probably boring story, and connection to the picture, is that i realized God throws us curve balls every once in a while. I'm not sure if this is a test of our strength or a way of him telling me you need to be more organized and set your priorities straight. Lastly, i realized throughout that whole day, not once did i ask God to provide me with endurance, ease, strength, anything. I was so comsumed in myself and my needs, that i didn't stop to think that he, the creator of all things, could supply me with the key ingredients i needed throughout the day to go on. All in all, God taught me a valuable lesson, in the sense saying, " Child, I am here, all you have to do is call upon the lord." I know there is a scripture that goes with that, but i can't think of it right now. I just wanted to share what was on my heart. Many times God places things upon our hearts that we keep inside. But, i have come to realize that your moments of strength or weakness may be just what someone else needs to hear in order to gain strength or come to know God.
Share with me your thoughts and feelings! -Casey
2 comments:
Hey there! what a beautiful picture. I am anxious to see the fall follage in full color soon! This is always such a beautiful time of year, and I love the change of seasons. Fall always makes me think of changes I need to make in my life. I think its because its the start of a new year, school year that is, and with that brings change, busyness, chaos, and I can easily find myself caught up in all that and tend to take time and sit with God. Sometimes the curves we experience in life can be challenging, frightening, exciting and motivating. Its always a choice by us to which we choose. I have been trying to choose "JOY" in my days, no matter what the circumstances. Sometimes its easy and sometimes I have to have a little talk with myself to do so. When I do I know my thoughts aren't about me but they are on God. Keep walking, keep pursueing, keep asking. . . you are a blessing and an encouragment to me today! MOM
I seriously laughed out loud about the "lost for 25 minutes downtown Midland" part. Its a weird town...I've been lost there myself.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, so many days go by in a blur when we don't take that few minutes to focus. Good reminder!
Thanks for the fall picture too, I really miss that part out here...
Amanda
Post a Comment