Needless to say, student teaching is going fabulous. My teacher and I get along great! We balance each other out, she gives me opportunity, and i'm taking over the classroom already in a lot of different ways.
I've had my first observation already by my university supervisor, and to my surprise, i got rave reviews. She said i was a natural and have a wonderful ability to connect with young children. It was funny because she thought i was an elementary education major, but in fact i'm a secondary major. On that note, my mind is quickly shifting from older children to younger children. There is just something about their spirit and innocence that makes it a joy to be around them. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments, but all in all, their simply a joy!
I am very thankful to all of you who have said prayers for me regarding student teaching. your prayers have given me a sense of calm and confidence to take on this task head first. Thank you!
On another note, being that David and I live a little more North than our families we receive a tad bit more snow than they do. So, we thought we might take a few pics of our lastest snowfall. We got blasted with snow on Tuesday. I know these pictures are a few days old, but you know, i haven't got the chance. LOL
Hopefully if all goes as planned, i will update the blog on a regular basis to let you know how everything is going.
Take care for now!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update Casey. Sounds like things are going stupendously...I was so hoping you would find peace and confidence in the classroom. I am glad God has placed you in a class with a teacher that is allowing you so much freedom so far... I am sure that has a lot to do with your preparedness and natural talent!
Continued prayers on this journey...you obviously take this responsibility seriously and you are just the kind of teacher we need more of!! Looking forward to more updates as they come...
The snow looks pretty, Brad & Wil are still hoping for some...I can manage just fine without it! =)
The new car looks nice. How long have you had it? It's probably nice having a car with heat. I know how frustrating car problems can be.
Brad
Post a Comment