Tuesday, September 30, 2008

7 Simple Facts

Yes, i was tagged as well by my mother-in-law! I think she just really wanted me to update my blog......LOL, but i would love to participate. So, here are a few things about me:

1) I started dancing when i was about 4 years old. I did ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical and toe dance. I went on to dance for about 12 years. Throughout that time period, i was part of a high school dance team as well. After i began college I quit dancing. I have been wanting to get back into dancing for the longest time, but just haven't taken that next step to sign up.

2) One large pet peeve i hold is, i can't stand when the bottoms of your pant legs get wet. The fact that it not only gets your legs wet, but then you can't wear those pants again, and then you have to let them dry, and then wash them. All in all, it's just annoying and i can't stand any piece of clothing getting wet, especially the bottoms of pants.

3) One rather odd thing about me is that i love the smell of random things, such as: scented markers(amazing), gasoline, burning leaves, permanent markers, coffee grounds, and the smell of a brand new car. I don't know what it is about all of those things but the smells are so unique and amazing. Call me crazy, but i'm sure there's other gasoline smellin' freaks out there!!! LOL
Oh, and i also love the smell of ground beef browning ( hahahah, just kidding, just wanted to see what my mother-in-law would say).

4) I am obsessed with having my back scratched. I know it's silly but i can't help it! In our household, i'm either rubbing my husbands head or he's scratching my back. This all goes back to when i was a child. Every night before i would go to bed, i would crawl next to my mom's side of the bed and ask her to scratch my back. I mean, i don't want a gentle rub, i would ask her to use her nails. Something about it made me feel at ease. To this day, i still ask for a back scratch when i'm with my Mom.

5) I can't wait to become a mother!!!! If there could be one dream to come true, it would be that!! Honestly, i think my husband wants to kill me because i talk about it a lot!! For example, i have my mother-in-law save baby clothes for me, i can't leave a store without going through the baby section, and i think about it all the time!!!!!! I'm really not that bad, but i can't wait until that day that God blesses us with a child. I guess i just have an urge to be a mother!

6) Something about myself that i'm not proud of is that i could probably spend 99% of the time in a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt if i could. I know, thats terrible but it probably all goes back to the fact that I'm not 100% comfortable with my body or my wardrobe. Sweatpants are so comfortable and make me feel relaxed. However, my job requires professional dress and that's just what i'll do. Besides, i actually like the way i look when i have great clothes! Crazy, i know!!

7) Finally, its hard to think about yourself, believe it or not. Well, i love the outdoors!!!! I could hike, walk, play, relax, you name it, outside!!! Fall is my favorite season by far. The feeling of a light sweater and jeans on a cool day is simply wonderful! David and I love to go to different places with our dog and just be outside. I remember when Dave and I were semi-newly dating and one of our first activities or dates was a trip to "Yankee Springs". Its just a wonderful place to hike and enjoy for the entire day. All in all, the outdoors is the place to be!!

There ya have it!!! Seven things about Casey!!!! I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

I love you girl! Thanks for participating, and it was nice to get a blog update. HEE HEE HEE, and you know me and browning hamburger! YUCK! You made me laugh and smile!

Life is Good said...

Well guess what.... I am obsessed with all those smells too! I also like the smell of rubbing alcohol! It's so fun with hearing those little details about you! I just love it! And it will be SO exciting when you get pregnant! Whether it be a girl or a boy they will be absolutely adorable!

Sarah M. said...

Where do you work Casey?

David and Casey said...

Sarah, i'm student teaching right now! Not making any money unfortunately!