So, yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day. Dave and I spent the afternoon at my dad's watching college football all day. The teams we wanted to see win were victorious!!! It has been a long time since we have spent a whole afternoon and evening with him. It was really special to me and i think he enjoyed the time with us too.
On a side note, as we were pulling in the driveway to his apartment, I saw that his complex was having a "yard sale". It was perfect! So, i bought a nice pie plate with a lid and a fall wreath for my front door. I was so pumped.
Fall couldn't get here fast enough either. We've had a few beautiful days of cool weather and it made me anxious. The dog loves it, and it gets Dave and I outside more often. It's a plus all around!!
Today was also a gorgeous day. We had a great morning and afternoon. Dave and enjoyed each others company so much. Our time is more limited now since I'm up by 5:30 and go to bed by 9:00. So, to share some quality time together today was wonderful! Later in the day I went and visited my grandparents. It's definitely a joy to see them when i can. I love them so much! I wish we lived closer so i could see them and take care of them more often. They mean the world to me and i love them dearly.
Well, i'm off the check my lasagna and tie up any loose ends i need to before school tomorrow. Everyone have a wonderful Sunday evening and a great week!
Back to the grind tomorrow! Last week went very well. I feel as though the kids have adjusted to me being there and have developed an appreciation for me. I can't wait to see what this week will hold, but i trust that things will work out just fine. One week down, eleven to go!!!
3 comments:
and you are gonna do just fine. Why wouldn't those kids love you? you love what you are doing and you love teaching and that will in turn let them know you care about them too! Isn't this weather awesome? I am thinking Devil's soup bowl is sounding good on a Saturday? how about you guys? I am trying to remember when Colson was there last and it must have been ages ago because I can't even think of it or else he hasn't. How sad, we gotta go! Love you!
what a super fun weekend... glad you and David were able to enjoy your time together. I bet your grandparents loved seeing you as well!
Have a great week at school... Wilson thinks its pretty cool that you are a teacher!
So glad that you guys are able to enjoy beautiful weather and with the dog too! It's been around 60-70 out here! Which is just right! And isn't it wonderful when time is spent with our husbands! It's the best time ever! I bet the kids in your class just love you! You are so fun! What a blessing to spend time with your grandparents, too! I bet they loved your time with them. Sounds like you are staying busy. Hope this week goes great for you and talk to you soon.
Post a Comment