
Home #2

As many of you know Casey and I will soon have to move again. She will be completing the remainder of her education in MT. Pleasant this may. Then have the summer off and Go back in the fall to complete the rest of her student teaching in an area of her choice. After talking it over, and flipping it back and fourth we have agreed to look in the Lansing area for housing. Closer to Family, we have many great married friends in the vicinity, and numerous schools for Casey to sift through for the next big step in her career. Casey and I are sick of renting. When you sit down and do the math for living in a rental and how long you have paid rent it can really make you sick. So with long conversations and many more to go we officially started are house hunting journey on Saturday. We liked to homes so far. One home was in the Groesbeck (not sure on the spelling) area. And the other is right near 127 close to frandore. House # 1 is a bank owned home that has been on the market for some time now. Its older, needs more work, but the purchase price is $40,000 dollars cheaper then home #2. After talking to a really good friend in the area he seems to think we could walk away with home #1 for $50-60,000. Now home #2 is a cape cod with three bedrooms, a very large yard, two car garage, 1st floor master, and yet what we didn’t like was it only has one bathroom. This home will still need updating the colors are horrendous. It has been on the market with even longer then home #1. I love that I am going to purchase a home when the market has all the cards stacked in my favor. Well ok needless to say Me and Casey will need your prayers, we both fully understand that this is a huge decision, but both feel it is one we would rather do now then throw more money away to a landlord. I will post a couple pics of the homes, and a little information. Let us know what you think.
Livin Life & Lovin It
David
4 comments:
How exciting. I will be praying as you take this next step in your journey together, that God continues to guide your every step and you find just the right home that will meet your needs.
I highly recommend a buyer's agent if you don't already have one - they can help you through all of the steps of buying a home. The best part of all is that you don't have to pay them a nickel - their pay comes out of the seller's pocket!! Don't let the listing agent show you the homes you are interested in - just a tip from a friend of mine who works in the real estate biz.
House #1 is really cute, but if you're planning on staying long term you probably will want to consider how fitting kids into the mix will work...fortunately you have PLENTY of houses to choose from, as the market is full of them right now!
I love the look of the brick house... So much character. I am excited for you both, and we will be adding this to our prayers. I love Lansing, would love to grab lunch at Panera in Frandor, or better yet, dinner at P.F. Chang's... its fun to think about what the future holds.
Also, excited to see where Casey ends up, lots of good districts in the area.
have you got a realtor yet? Use daveramsey.com, and one of his ELP's (Endorsed Local Providers).
Brad
Post a Comment