Tuesday, November 13, 2007

As the school semester comes to a close, the homework begins to pile on. As most of you may know, this is my last semester. I begin my student teaching in January. For this i am very excited but on the other hand very nervous. As much as i complain about school and wish i was out in the field, there is a great part of me that wishes i didn't have to go. I know this is my opportunity to excel and put all those years of instruction and practice to use, but i'm still hesitant. Will the students take me seriously? Will i be a good teacher? Will i have an impact on student's lives? Will i know what i'm doing? Will i make a difference? These are a variety of questions that swirl through my haed on a daily basis as this next step in my life draws nearer. My charge to all of you friends and family out there is to pray for me throughout these next couple months. Pray that not only i will be confident in myself and my work, but also that i will complete all of my coursework stressfree and with ease. If you could also raise David and I's relationship up to God, in the sense that I don't take frustration and stress out upon him, but that we work together and compliment each other through a challenging part in our lives. God, i ask that you impart to me the knowledge and confidence i need to finish this race I am in, the race of education and a career. Show me, Lord, the attitude of compassion and love through these stressful times, so that David and I remain glorified in you and one another. I thank you Lord for the work that you have done in my life and thank you for the work you will continue to do. Thank you for all the blessings you have given me.
Your prayers and thoughts mean so much to me!
-Casey

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

You really touched my heart with your sincerity and honesty. You know we are praying for you, as you go through this process, and for you and Dave, too. We also appreciate knowing how to pray more effectively. Thanks for taking the time to share your heart and know that you don't walk this alone, you have a tribe behind you!
Mom

amanda said...

Casey, such exciting times lay ahead. My prayer is that you will be filled with peace when you walk down that hallway to your classroom. What a privilege it is to be called to teach, I know you will do well. We will continue to keep you and David both in our prayers as you journey. Each new path is full of adventure and obstacles all laid out by our Creator. He is leading you both, isn't that wonderful? You guys are a blessing!
amanda

Journey Ministry said...

Thanks Case for being transparent, I'm so encouraged by your desire and the way you take all to God, things even with all the seniority I have I loose sight of! ... Father bless these two ...grant them abundantly more than they could ask or think in all things....Comsume them with your goodness! Amen ....Love you guys Dad