Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catch up!!

So, this past Friday was my last day of work. I must say, I am so THANKFUL!!! Someone had asked me if I was going to miss the kids and the job, and i think my words were, "Are you serious?, of course I will never forget the kids, but i am so thankful that it is over." But really, it was great experience and i can't wait to be a part of it next summer. Actually, hopefully this will look great on my resume and will assist me in getting a job.

On Saturday, David and I got to spend some time together shopping. Not the shopping that we both would hope for, but the necessity shopping. We traveled to Wal-Mart, then PetSmart, then MCsports, then finally Kroger. You know you can never do all the grocery shopping at one place. You have to go where the deals are!!! right? Even though it gets a bit exhausting we had a good time, and it feels great to have grocery in the house. Although, when you get home and put it away, you want to sample a little bit of everything. Hahahahah! At least i do.

Then towards the evening, we hung out with some of my brother-in-laws and watched the Olympics. I swear, when Michael Phelps was swimming we were all shouting and rooting him on. You would have thought we were there! I sure do enjoy when they come out. We have a fun time!!!

This morning at church, Pastor Jim delivered a great message. A message that is overlooked too often. His message focused on "not forgetting about the older members of our church" or "elderly". These individuals are the ones with all the experience and deserve the upmost respect. Daily these individuals are taken for granted or left out. As the body of Christ we need to embrace these folks and learn from them. Their knowledge of Christ and life in general surpasses what many of us know.

This just touched me today and made me think of the elders in my life. How can you learn from them, Casey?

I know i'm rambling, but i just have to share this. We all know about prayer and it's magnitude. I have been told in the past to only pray for meaningful things, but today i realized its okay to pray for those things that are small or simple or unmeaningful. If i want to pray and ask God to help me hit a homerun, i should be able to.
God is sovereign and he reigns over all. He hears all, sees all, and believes all. It's a comfort knowing that my Lord is there no matter what.

I know that is nothing new, but i just wanted to share that with you all.

I almost forgot, then after church today we went golfing and had a blast. We were dodging rain drops, but sometimes that adds to the excitement and makes play more interesting.
Have good Sunday evening everyone!

4 comments:

amanda said...

so did you sample a little of everything??? =) Glad your work is over...for now.

Thanks for sharing the lessons you are learning, I love to hear others' perspectives as we all journey along. So cool! We are working really hard at figuring out a way to involve our retiree ladies at our bible study group this coming year. Way too often, their wisdom sits while we whimper about our struggles. They have so much too offer, and yet we forget to even ask.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Life is Good said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life is Good said...

Great thoughts and words. Thanks for the reminders! It was great talking to you the other day. And I will agree with you how it is fun even grocery shopping and doing errands together. It's the whole concept of just being together with the other spouse. Have a great day.

Julie said...

Isn't it great to be able to continue to learn and grow in Christ?

I'm doing a Beth Moore bible study right now, and can't help but remember the study you participated in WAY BACK when I was pregnant with Puckey. It was nice to get to know you a little better through that!

Just wanted to stop by and wish Dave a "Happy Birthday" from the Kirby's!!

Hope you have a great time celebrating today!!